Publications & Presentations
- Craner J. Medical Surveillance. In LaDou J and Harrison R (Eds.), Current Occupational & Environmental Medicine, 5th Edition. McGraw Hill Education, (2014).
- LaDou J, Craner J. Workers’ Compensation. In LaDou J and Harrison R (Eds.),Current Occupational & Environmental Medicine, 5th Edition. McGraw Hill Education, (2014).
- Craner J. Hypertension. In Carlson P (Ed.), The Complete Vegetarian: The Essential Guide to Good Health. University of Illinois Press, Urbana, IL (2009).
- Craner J. Food: Its Quality and role as a pathway of exposure. In Brooks SM, et al (Eds.), Environmental Medicine. Mosby Publishers, St. Louis (1994).
- Craner J. A critique of the ACOEM statement on mold: Undisclosed conflicts of interest in the creation of an “evidence-based” statement. International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health 2008;14:283-298. Mold Science and Conflicts-Letters to the Editor and Author Response.
- Kipen HM, Craner J. Sentinel pathophysiological conditions: an adjunct to teaching occupational and environmental disease recognition and history taking. Environmental Research 1992; 59: 93-100.
- Curtin L, Craner J, Wine H, et al. Complete recovery after massive ethylene glycol ingestion. Archives of Internal Medicine 1992; 152: 1311-1313.
- Cole EC, Craner J (contributors). Health Effects from Indoor Exposure to Mold in Water-Moisture Impacted Buildings (chapter). In Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation, S520-2008, 2nd Ed. ANSI/IICRC, Vancouver, WA, 2008.
- Do Hearing Conservation Programs Really Work? Prove It! Co-presented with John Kimball, CIH. University of California Berkeley, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH) continuing education course, Oakland, CA (2018).
- Lithium: A Novel Occupational Hazard in Electric Vehicle Battery Production and Life Cycle Management. Co-presented with Matthew Le, MPH, CIH, CSP. Continuing Education webinar. University of California Berkeley, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (2018).
- OSHA Silica Standard for General Industry: a Roundtable Seminar for the Assay Laboratory Industry. Co-presented with Rich Meier and Tyler Forrest, CIH, CSP, Sparks, NV (2018).
- Prevention of Occupational Noise-Induced Hearing Loss: Solving the Unfulfilled Promise of Audiometric Data Analysis. Continuing Education webinar. University of California Berkeley, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (2017).
- Audiometric Data Analysis Tools and Methods to Prevent Noise-Induced Hearing Loss. OSHA/NIOSH Noise Safety Challenge, Washington, DC (2016).
- Occupational Cyanide Emergency Response: A Critical Toxicology Review of Cyanide Antidotes for Industry Best Practices. International Council on Mining & Minerals Annual Meeting, London, England [remote presentation] (2016).
- Noise Exposure, Hearing Loss & Risk for Arborists. Nevada Landscape Association 25th Annual Conference, Reno, NV (2016).
- Sodium Cyanide Exposure in the Laboratory: Industry Emergency Response Planning, Methodology and Regulatory Compliance. Society of Mineral Analysts (SMA) 2014 Annual Conference, Elko, NV (2014)
- Silica: Exposure Limits, Health Effects, Medical Surveillance and Respiratory Protection. Society of Mineral Analysts (SMA) 2013 Annual Conference, Elko, NV (2013).
- Lead Exposure, Prevention and Compliance in Gold Mining-Related Industries. Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, Rutgers Medical School, Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine seminar, Piscataway, NJ (2013).
- Lead Poisoning Prevention in Assay Laboratories and Litharge Flux Manufacturing Industries: A Clinician’s Perspective on Achieving Effective Compliance in Highly Regulated Lead Industries. California Department of Public Health—Occupational Lead Poisoning Prevention Program, Richmond, CA (2013).
- Harnessing the Value of Health Monitoring Data. Mining Health and Safety Webinar. University of California Berkeley, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (2013).
- Silica. Mining Health and Safety Webinar. University of California Berkeley, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (2013).
- Achieving Effective Compliance: All the boxes are checked…but are we really protecting our employees’ health? MSHA Spring Thaw Conference (Arizona Mining Association / Arizona Rock Products Association), Scottsdale, AZ (2013).
- Leveraging Technology to Improve OSHA Compliance Performance: Going Beyond Yesterday’s Tools for Today’s Jobs. American Battery Recyclers (ABR) Fall Meeting, Las Vegas, NV (2012).
- Measuring Hearing Conservation Program Effectiveness in the Fire Assay Lab. Society of Mineral Analysts (SMA) Annual Conference, Elko, NV (2012). [ Awarded “Best Speaker”]
- Ethics in Clinical Occupational and Environmental Medicine Practice. Western Occupational Health Conference, Las Vegas, NV (2011).
- New Technology for Cost-Effective Management of Lead, Noise, and Respiratory Protection Compliance Programs. Society of Mineral Analysts (SMA) Annual Conference, Elko, NV (2010).
- Occupational Lead Toxicity: Understanding, Interpreting, and Updating the OSHA Lead Standard’s Medical Surveillance and Biological Monitoring Requirements. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Safety Consultation and Training Section (SCATS) and Enforcement Section, Reno, NV (2010).
- Pulmonary Injury/Disease from Inhalation of Aerosolized Fluoropolymer Waterproofing Agents. Grand Rounds, Division of Occupational Medicine, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA (2009).
- Lead Exposure Monitoring and Medical Surveillance: Going Beyond the Minimum Regulatory Compliance Requirements. Society of Mineral Analysts 2008 Annual Conference, Elko, NV (2008).
- Accurate Diagnosis of Occupational Chemical Exposure Injuries. Case Management Society of America (CMSA), Northern Nevada Chapter Annual Conference, Reno, NV (2008).
- Craner J. Iatrogenic exposures are an important risk factor for HBV (and HCV) infection (letter). Annals of Internal Medicine (online). Posted April 8, 2011. .
- Craner J. Mold science and conflicts of interest: ACOEM response fails to address central issues (letter). International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health 2009;15:114-115.
- Craner J. Olive oil—effect on other disease risk factors (letter). Annals of Internal Medicine (letter, online). Published November 7, 2006.
- Craner J. Clinical problem-solving: diagnosis by drug reaction (letter). New England Journal of Medicine 1993; 328: 1790.
RESEARCH GRANTS AND PUBLICATIONS
- National Center for Energy Management and Building Technologies (NCEMBT)/University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), Stetzenbach LD (PI). U.S. Dept. of Energy Cooperative Agreement DE-FC26-03G013072. Project database development and management; occupant perception questionnaire/software development; statistical analysis and data interpretation (2004-2008).
- Measurement And Verification Of Building Performance Characteristics. February 2008.
- Energy Performance and Environmental Characteristics of Educational Facilities: Extension and Enhancement of the Building Normative Database. December 2008.