Publications & Presentations
- Craner J. Medical Surveillance. In LaDou J and Harrison R (Eds.), Current Occupational & Environmental Medicine, 5th Edition. McGraw Hill Education, (2014).
- LaDou J, Craner J. Workers’ Compensation. In LaDou J and Harrison R (Eds.),Current Occupational & Environmental Medicine, 5th Edition. McGraw Hill Education, (2014).
- Craner J. Food: Its Quality and role as a pathway of exposure. In Brooks SM, et al (Eds.), Environmental Medicine. Mosby Publishers, St. Louis (1994).
- Craner J. Audiometric data analysis for prevention of noise‐induced hearing loss: a new approach. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 2022;1‐16. https://doi:10.1002/ajim.23343
- Craner J. A critique of the ACOEM statement on mold: Undisclosed conflicts of interest in the creation of an “evidence-based” statement. International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health 2008;14:283-298. Mold Science and Conflicts-Letters to the Editor and Author Response.
- Kipen HM, Craner J. Sentinel pathophysiological conditions: an adjunct to teaching occupational and environmental disease recognition and history taking. Environmental Research 1992; 59: 93-100.
- Curtin L, Craner J, Wine H, et al. Complete recovery after massive ethylene glycol ingestion. Archives of Internal Medicine 1992; 152: 1311-1313.
- Cole EC, Craner J (contributors). Health Effects from Indoor Exposure to Mold in Water-Moisture Impacted Buildings (chapter). In Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation, S520-2008, 2nd Ed. ANSI/IICRC, Vancouver, WA, 2008.
- Craner J. Missed the ethical, financial and sustainability costs of xenotransplantation (letter in response to Reese PP, Parent B, Promoting Safety, Transparency, and Quality in Xenotransplantation. Annals of Internal Medicine 2022;175:1032-1034). Posted online August 12, 2022.
- Craner J. Iatrogenic exposures are an important risk factor for HBV (and HCV) infection (letter in response to Hepatitis B Virus in the United States: Infection, Exposure, and Immunity Rates in a Nationally Representative Survey. Annals of Internal Medicine 2011;154:319-328). Posted online April 8, 2011.
- Craner J. Mold science and conflicts of interest: ACOEM response fails to address central issues (author’s response to letter). International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health 2009;15:114-115.
- Craner J. Olive oil—effect on other disease risk factors (letter). Annals of Internal Medicine (letter, online). Published November 7, 2006.
- Craner J. Clinical problem-solving: diagnosis by drug reaction (letter). New England Journal of Medicine 1993; 328: 1790.
- Lithium: A Novel Occupational Hazard in Electric Vehicle Battery Production and Life Cycle Management. Co-presented with Matthew Le, MPH, CIH, CSP. Continuing Education webinar. University of California Berkeley, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (2018).
- OSHA Silica Standard for General Industry: a Roundtable Seminar for the Assay Laboratory Industry. Co-presented with Rich Meier and Tyler Forrest, CIH, CSP, Sparks, NV (2018).
- Prevention of Occupational Noise-Induced Hearing Loss: Solving the Unfulfilled Promise of Audiometric Data Analysis. Continuing Education webinar. University of California Berkeley, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (2017).
- Audiometric Data Analysis Tools and Methods to Prevent Noise-Induced Hearing Loss. OSHA/NIOSH Noise Safety Challenge, Washington, DC (2016).
- Occupational Cyanide Emergency Response: A Critical Toxicology Review of Cyanide Antidotes for Industry Best Practices. International Council on Mining & Minerals Annual Meeting, London, England [remote presentation] (2016).
RESEARCH GRANTS AND PUBLICATIONS
- National Center for Energy Management and Building Technologies (NCEMBT)/University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), Stetzenbach LD (PI). U.S. Dept. of Energy Cooperative Agreement DE-FC26-03G013072. Project database development and management; occupant perception questionnaire/software development; statistical analysis and data interpretation (2004-2008).
- Measurement And Verification Of Building Performance Characteristics. February 2008.
- Energy Performance and Environmental Characteristics of Educational Facilities: Extension and Enhancement of the Building Normative Database. December 2008.